We want to be your first call for commercial inspections!
With over 20 years of commercial and industrial design and construction experience behind him, Wade Hancock decided to provide an alternative to the status quo. Hancock Consulting & Inspections, PLLC was born.
While working for various engineering firms during his career, Wade’s commercial/ industrial design portfolio of clients include AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Department of Defense, NASA and many others. A steadfast commitment to quality propelled Wade to high levels of responsibility within several of these companies. You can imagine the attention to detail required by NASA.
We have been performing independent property condition assessments since 2012 and have an impressive portfolio of clients.
See Here: http://www.hancockinspections.com/client-list/
Property Condition Assessments on any commercial building- from retail and restaurant spaces to warehouse and office buildings- our professionals can assess any property.
Looking to invest in or lease a commercial building or business? You can trust Hancock Consulting & Inspections to inspect the asset and identify any immediate repairs and deferred maintenance issues before you sign on the dotted line.
The property condition assessment provides information needed to enter into transaction negotiations with as much power in your possession as possible. During the inspection, we will evaluate all major components and systems including:
- HVAC – Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning
- Grading and Drainage
Let the knowledge and experience of our inspectors provide advice and crucial insight to help you avoid the financial risks associated with investing in commercial property.
Our Specialties Include:
- Shopping centers
- Office Buildings
- Medical Centers
- Residential Conversions
- Community Centers
- New Construction
- Pre-Slab Pour
- Rough In
- Final Walk-Thru
Before purchasing or leasing a commercial property it is recommended to obtain:
- Check with the state, municipality, etc. to see if there are any current/pending/future building or other code, fire, zoning, occupancy, use, ADA, etc. violations attributed/attributable to the property
- Copies of any available building plans, specifications, engineering/lot surveys, etc. of the property/building
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Building Permit
- Leases that may apply to the property
- Contact information for any and all companies that have serviced the building or its equipment (e.g. elevators, fire sprinklers, alarm systems, etc.)
- Certificates and documentation (e.g. boiler inspection certificate, elevator inspection certificate, environmental assessment reports, fire alarm reports, tenant complaint logs, electrical compliance certificate, specialty equipment inspections, etc.)
- Earthquake/seismic information, including that which may already be available from the State/County/City Geologist
- Evaluation of items that are mentioned in the contract as items or systems, etc. that we will not be evaluating
- We should also mention that often the states, municipalities, etc. do not require upgrades to get closer to, if not fully satisfy, code, etc. in/on some areas/items/systems until a building is sold. Thus, it may be a good idea to also ask them what they might require upon the sale of the building in question. They may later claim that they are not limited by that pre-purchase discussion as to what they may/will require once the building is sold.
- You may also elect to have any number of supplemental evaluations done for the property that go beyond what we will provide in our report (evaluation by the municipality for acceptability of any change in building design, use of the property, etc. you expect to make, indoor air quality, intelligent building systems, specialty equipment, items not included in our report, appraisal of value, seismic evaluation, etc.)
Now Offering Thermal Imaging!
We help find hidden problems that can save our clients’ money and time with our Thermal Imaging Services!
Our infrared imaging camera measures and photographs the non-visible
infrared radiation that is emitted by all objects. With this, we can
visualize and document minute gradients in the surface temperatures of
materials, such as walls and ceilings. This technology helps detect moisture
issues (even before they become visible to the eye), insulation and air
infiltration deficiencies and electrical component malfunctions. Hancock
Inspections is trained and qualified to perform thermal scans in conjunction
with your commercial or home inspection or as a stand-alone service.
Infrared inspections are a non-destructive, non-contact and cost-effective
way to detect and document defects. Whether it is a time-sensitive
emergency, preventative measure, or general inspection, our Thermal Imaging
service will help you stay on track and avoid those hidden problems.